From Raphaƫl Luta <raphael.l...@networks.groupvu.com>
Subject Re: Cvs question
Date Thu, 30 May 2002 13:50:57 GMT
Glenn Golden wrote:
> With the security work, the cvs messages include "Tag: security_14".
>
> I'm not confident with how tags work in cvs.
>
> It looks like the new security stuff is all tagged this way.
>
> Does this mean that there's a way to checkout stuff without the new
> (in-progress) security stuff?  How would we do this?
>
> And if we want the new stuff, do we have to use the tag in the checkout?
>
> If someone could clarify this, I'd appreciate it.

checkout a fresh copy of jetspeed CVS HEAD

cvs checkout jakarta-jetspeed

and then update the directory using the correct tag:

cvs update -P -d -r security_14

Thsi will retrieve the security_14 branch. Since the tag is a sticky option
all add/commit/update you'll do in this directory will be tagged with the
security_14 tag.

If you want a more thorough description of branches/tags you can find several
good references on CVS on the web.

Professional Services Manager
Vivendi Universal Networks - Paris