From Chris Kimpton <kimptoc_m...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Proposal: Template Locator search path includes browser type
Date Thu, 23 May 2002 08:01:47 GMT
Hi,

--- Todd Kuebler <tkuebler@cisco.com> wrote:

> I propose we change the search path of the jetspeed template
> locator
> service to include browser directories.  The changes will be made
> to the
> current JetspeedTemplateLocatorService.

[snip]

> templates/vm/layouts/html/en/default.vm
> templates/vm/layouts/html/sansjavascript/en/default.vm

I am not sure why, but this does not seem to fit right - differences
in browser facilities sounds like CapabilityMap - like how we tell
whether its html or wml... so perhaps we need to do this in
CapabilityMap to identify the browser ability/preference and then
have alternate ../html/.. directories, eg

 templates/vm/layouts/fewertableshtml/en/default.vm

If the capabilitymap identifies it as a "fewertableshtml" type
user-agent, then it directs them there, otherwise, it uses the
default html option.

Does this make sense?  Its just a rough thought - not sure about all
the details...

Chris

=====