From Chris Kimpton <kimptoc_m...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Help! Any page other than the default has wrong data.profile.getI d()
Date Fri, 17 May 2002 06:58:33 GMT
Hi,

--- Glenn Golden <ggolden@umich.edu> wrote:
> I start Jetspeed, open a browser, and drop in this URL:
>
> (Note: "chef" the webapp name for my Jetspeed)
>
> http://localhost/chef/portal/user/admin
>
> It comes up with the admin page, alright.

But thats not right is it - you have not logged in yet... uh oh.

I can confirm that this problem has been around for a few months - as
I now see the problem is in my sites too - OUCH.

Perhaps its to do with security being off by default?

>But when I check the
> rundata's
> profile's getId(), it tells me:
>
> anon/en/html/default.psml
>
> This is NOT GOOD!  This is not the id of this page!

...but its the wrong page...

> Q) is this the right URL?  For example, if we want to go to "my"
> page, would
> we use:
>
> /portal/user/ggolden ?
>
> or to go to a page for a group,
>
> /portal/group/groupId ?

I presume these will only work if you've logged in and got
permissions to see these, or the anon user has that permission...

Chris

=====