From Chris Kimpton <kimptoc_m...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Help! Caching (?) problem in Jetspeed
Date Fri, 10 May 2002 18:30:37 GMT
Hi,

> So - why is JetspeedURLMgrService is hanging on late init when its
> done the early init...
>
> It looks like a lock problem - but I can't see what would be
> locking
> in the URLMgrSvc...

Ok - the HashMap thing is totally wrong - I was just reading the
stack trace wrong.

On comparing a good and bad startup, it seems in the bad case, the
DiskCacheDemon tries to access the DiskCache before the URL manager
does its early init.

Whereas, in the good run, this happens after the URL mgr does early
init.

In the config file - DaemonService is before URLMgr svc - any reason
why the URLMgr svc cannot be moved before DaemonSvc?

Chris

=====