From "David Sean Taylor" <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Date Tue, 14 May 2002 07:09:54 GMT
Its about time for another release. What do you all think, is it time or
not?

Im throwing this out there, proposing the release be moved to 1.4.
We've been at 1.3x alpha for a very long time.

I also believe Jetspeed is now stable enough to be a beta release, under
the requirements that all critical and major bugs are fixed, and the
tasks below are completed.

Please feel free to add or modify:

Task List for Jetspeed 1.4 Beta Release
---------------------------------------

       - Bug List - Fix all major and critical bugs

GG     - Complete State Manager, convert all code to use it
RL     - Cleanup CVS

DT     - Turbine 3 conversion
GG, DT - Portlet Instance (seems to be pretty close to being solved)

       - Performance Testing
       - Performance Tuning Iteration to codebase

DT     - Profile Browser
DT, PS - JAAS Security proposal and implementation (depending on Turbine
3)

       - Documentation
       - Tutorial, better Examples
DT	 - New WebPage Portlet

Optional
--------
	 - new Portlets (mail?, anyone have a killer portlet?)
       - Registry in Database (started but not completed)
       - JCS caching of PSML and Registry OM objects (that may be a
little ahead of its time)