From "David Sean Taylor" <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject RE: Portlet.getID() returning NULL
Date Fri, 10 May 2002 16:53:31 GMT

I don't have time this week.
Do you want to set aside an hour or so sometime next week?

Lets start by looking at JetspeedPortalToolkitService.getSet.
Also BasePortletSet, which is currently the container for the delivered
portlet tree.
I need to spend some time re-introducing myself to the problems with
PortletConfig again.

The burrito you are speaking of is really a PortletInstance, isn't it?
It then can delegate to the actual portlet when necessary for the
getContent(), and then delegate to the PortletEntry to get PSML state
(like the id).
The instance can also be used to get session state, using the
PortletEntry's id to generate the session key into the state manager.