From "David Sean Taylor" <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject RE: Portlet API re-implementation
Date Fri, 10 May 2002 16:16:24 GMT
> Hi! You are one of the Apache folks on the JSR 168, aren't you?

Yes.

> How's that stuff going along?

Its coming along.
I'll try to report to this list a short weekly summary of the progress
on the Portlet API.
Originally, I was not allowed to share this information with a public
list.
But the expert group were kind enough to allow me to do so.

Lets just clear up one issue:

Jetspeed's current architecture is designed as a Web Application-based
Portal server.
It does not extend the servlet api.
The portlet specification will not prohibit implementation of a portlet
container or portal as a web application.