From "David Sean Taylor" <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject RE: Portlet.getID() returning NULL
Date Thu, 09 May 2002 16:29:04 GMT
The portlet getID() is broken as is.
We are currently setting the instance id from the PSML entry (portlet
instance) onto the concrete portlet class.
This is not an acceptable solution, although it does seem to work in low
volume scenarios (like a single developer working alone :).

The key to getting this to work is to refactor the aggregation code
(PortalToolkit), factor out PortletConfig and return portlet instances
in the generated PortletSets, not portlets. When I say portlet
instances, in the current impl this is org.apache.jetspeed.om.Entry.

I looked into doing this a few weeks ago, but I estimated the work and
didn't have enough cycles.