From "David Sean Taylor" <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject RE: Help! Any page other than the default has wrong data.profile.getId()
Date Fri, 17 May 2002 16:21:06 GMT
> I start Jetspeed, open a browser, and drop in this URL:
>
> (Note: "chef" the webapp name for my Jetspeed)
>
> http://localhost/chef/portal/user/admin
>
> It comes up with the admin page, alright.  But when I check the
rundata's profile's getId(), it tells me:
> anon/en/html/default.psml

I don't see that.
For me, getId() returns the correct profile
(user/admin/html/default.psml)

> Q) is this the right URL?  For example, if we want to go to "my" page,
would we use:
> /portal/user/ggolden ?
> or to go to a page for a group,
> /portal/group/groupId ?
Yes

> Interesting, the links on the above delivered admin page (the three
tabs) have urls like:
> /portal/page/default.psml/js_pane/302,

That is because the links are not coded to take in to consideration the
current page/user.
Look into how the $tab.Link is generated.

One other note. There are no security checks on psml currently.
Several months ago some one volunteered to do so, but nothing has been
committed.
I will add a PSML-security-check task to the task list for the next
release.