From Glenn Golden <ggol...@umich.edu>
Subject Question in VelocityPortletControl
Date Fri, 29 Mar 2002 20:11:38 GMT
Here's code from VelocityPortletControl.getContent():

        if ( portlet.getName().equals(jdata.getCustomized())
             && (!portlet.providesCustomization()) )
        {
            context.put("portlet",JetspeedTool.getCustomizer(portlet));
        }
        else
        {
            context.put("portlet", portlet );
        }

What is the first part of the "if" supposed to mean?

Portlet (Portlet) .getName() is a string
jdata (JetspeedRunData) .getCustomized() is a Portlet!

Are we really counting on the ".toString()" behavior of Portlet to match the
getName()?

What am I missing here?

I'm not really sure what this code is doing - It caught my attention because
it's portlet name based, not peid.

Does anybody know what this is for and doing?

Thanks.

- Glenn

ggolden@umich.edu               734-615-1419
http://www-personal.si.umich.edu/~ggolden/