From Glenn Golden <ggol...@umich.edu>
Subject CustomizerVelocityPortlet broken
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2002 21:14:59 GMT
I'm fixing the bug that a CustomizerVelocityPortlet's custom customizer is
no longer being called when the user customizes the portlet; instead the
standard portlet customizer is used.

I've tracked this down to the JetspeedTool's getCustomizer() call.  It's
passed a "Portlet" which is a VelocityPortletControl, and digs in with
p.getPortlet() to get the portlet within.  The portlet is a
CacheableStatefulPortletWrapper.

"If (p instanceof PortletCustomizer)" - well this thing is NOT an instance
of PortletCustomizer.

Looking inside this CacheableStatefulPortletWrapper, I see a wrappedPortlet,
which is a CustomizerVelocityPortlet...

Is this CacheableStatefulPortletWrapper thing new?  It looks like we need to
be able to "dig in" to this, as well as into the control, to find the real
portlet hiding inside.

I'll keep looking, but if bells are ringing in anyone's heads so far, please
post info for me!

Thanks.

- Glenn

ggolden@umich.edu               734-615-1419