From Glenn Golden <ggol...@umich.edu>
Subject RE: Jetspeed Proposal: iframe portlet control
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2002 20:55:04 GMT
Seems to me there's one other open question, that of id scope:

- unique within a psml
- unique on a jetspeed server.

While I like the idea of being able to include parts in many psml's, which
unique on server supports, I think in general unique on server is more
difficult, would make it harder to move psml files around, and is more than
what we really need.

We could have in include mechanism to share parts, whoich would use the
local uid and portal id together, such as <include
portal="/shared/finance/template" peid="23">.

* * *

I vote for unique within a psml only.

I also vote for integer (long) format, where the root element is by
convention #1 or #0, and all others are whatever they end up being.

The psml file reader can, while reading each psml, keep track of the largest
id to use when a new one is needed, stored in the root element or not.

- Glenn