From Glenn Golden <ggol...@umich.edu>
Subject RE: Jetspeed Proposal: iframe portlet control
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2002 17:42:39 GMT
Santiago -

Thanks for the comments and the vote!  I'll change my "content" to "clear",
as you suggested.  There is a "clear" portlet control, but not screens or
layouts (yet).

And I'll use $jlink.forPortlet() instead of setPortlet().

Can we change forPortlet() in two ways:

1) if the portlet parameter is null (as it would be if used on a portlet
that is in the portal page, not maximized or in an iframe), can the method
just ignore the call?

2) whatever naming convention we have to id a portlet within a portal page
(uniquely), can forPortlet() be guaranteed to produce such a name?  Some
string that can be in the portlet parameter (portlet=) and that the
JetspeedTool's getPortlet() and (my new, newly named) getPortletClear()
would use to find it?  And if there's any other name producer / consumer,
that they all be standardized?  This might mean the "container=" parameter
which recently was added would go away in favor of a complex portlet luid
(local unique id, local to the portal page).

Thanks!

- Glenn

ggolden@umich.edu               734-615-1419
http://www-personal.si.umich.edu/~ggolden/