From Patrick Knight <patrick.kni...@marviq.com>
Subject "Missing" Java sources in jetspeed-1.3a2-release-src.zip
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2002 09:50:12 GMT
Dear all,

I'm attempting to use JetSpeed (release) 1.3a2 with IBM WebSphere 4.0 /
WebShpere Studio Application Developer, and
I would very much like to use the source code as the starting point.
(It is worth noting that I am neither an Ant or a CVS user...)

I'm having a problem getting it to run, in that there appears to be a great
deal of Java classes / files
missing from the download ZIP

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-jetspeed/release/v1.3a2/jetspeed-1.3a2-release-src.zip

For example, the package / directory
"org.apache.jetspeed.xml.api.portletmarkup"
exists in the zip, but is empty (the class "Layout" does not exist).

A cursory glance at CVS shows that this class is also not available form
the CVS archive too.

Looking at the CVS files that are in the archive, I see that (in this case
at least) there appears
to be a reference to localhost - would this explain why some Java sources
are not in the ZIP archive?

To sum-up : What gives? and Where can I obtain these "missing" sources?

Thanking all in advance for any pointers,
regards,

--
Patrick Knight

Java Developer
marviQ International

patrick.knight@marviq.com

Nachtwachtlaan 20
1058 EA Amsterdam
The Netherlands
+31 (0)20 850 93 41 (Monday to Thursday)
+31 (0)6 27 00 86 73 (GSM mobile)