From Cynthia Harris <cynt...@atg.com>
Subject Re: Turbine - Jetspeed interaction problems
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2002 17:23:17 GMT
Hi Craig,

I'm not replying to the whole list because I'm kinda new around here and I don't
know the ropes.

The form handling technique that I use would help you out.

In J2EE, I think the standard form handling technique is to put the form on some
page, and make the action of the form point back to the same page.  On the next
time the page comes up, before there is any content, the form data gets processed
and then the redirect would occur.  Right?

In the system that I use, the form's action is again the same page.  The
difference is that the form data is processed and the redirect occurs before the
Server.  We've been using it for years and it works great.

If you want more info on this, let me know.   I've been taking this system for
granted for so long, that I need to think about it before I could tell you how to
build such a system.

-Cynthia

PS.  On Monday, I posted what I thought were some easy questions to the
jetspeed-users list.  Do you know if anyone is thinking about answering those?
I'm very eager to have the answers, but I don't want to be a total pest on the
list.  Thanks!