From Paul Spencer <pau...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Portlet.isCacheable?
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2002 18:21:21 GMT
FYI:
The WebPagePortlet will cache content and refresh that content based on
expiration times.  This means that the content is always current so the
user will not wait for a refresh.  Setting the parameter "_TimeToLive"
to -1 will keep the content current, regardless of use.  Where as
setting "_TimeToLive" >0 will only refresh the content if the content
has been retrieved, i.e. getContent(), in "_TimeToLive"
seconds/milliseconds (See the doc for the units.)  The expiration time
of the content is retrieve from the http header that accompanied the
content from the originating web server.

Paul Spencer