From Chris Kimpton <kimptoc_m...@yahoo.com>
Subject Using current Torque with Jetspeed - a few problems...
Date Sat, 30 Mar 2002 22:34:26 GMT
Hi,

Turbine points::

I have had to add a log4j.properties file covering the stratum,
torque and fulcrum appenders - this doesn't sound right - but maybe
this is the first time several disparate log4j-using components have
been used together?

How can you use the webappRoot stuff in the Torque.properties file -
I managed to get it to work by specifying a full path to the file.

Lastly (although this maybe a hsql config issue), I get a DB already
in use error when the Torque connection tries to work.  This will be
because the Turbine user connection is via the old turbine om stuff,
but the dbpsml stuff is done via the new torque stuff - so 2 separate
connections.  Is it easy to upgrade the turbine user stuff to the new
torque?  Or just amend the hsql config to support multiple
connections - assuming this can be done...

Jetspeed points::

The DatabasePsmlManagerService uses Torque (in the import) - I tried
to move it the late init, but that seems to never get called for that
service...

What I have now, is a system that works without dbpsml - but can
build a new torque config, compiles with it - just errors on startup
due to the connection issues above.  Thus I don't think it is worth
commiting yet.

TIA,
Chris

=====