From Chris Kimpton <kimptoc_m...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Turbine questions
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2002 07:57:22 GMT
Hi,

--- Glenn Golden <ggolden@umich.edu> wrote:
> So... What do you think?  Also, I wanted to play around with this
> possible
> solution, but I don't see how to build Turbine.  I have the latest
> code from
> CVS, and I'm familiar with what Jetspeed does to build (i.e. go to
> the build
> directory and say "build war"), but Turbine's build directory is
> empty at
> the moment...  Can you help here?

Turbine does things differently (or more correctly Jetspeed does
things differently...)

You need to have installed Ant separately - the idea being that it is
becoming standard and thus pointless to include it in all projects.

Then to build turbine, there are 2 steps

1) get all the related libs - to do this run 'ant update-jars' from
the root turbine directory - not the build directory - it is defunct.
 You will probably need to set a lib.repo property locally so that
ant knows where to save the libraries.  Note - this target downloads
any out of date jars from the net - but only ones with "good" open
source licences, eg you have to download activation separately.

2) now you can build turbine - so run 'ant' - this will produce you a
jar, all things being equal...

To try this with jetspeed, copy it across - AND ANY RELATED JARS THAT
MAY HAVE CHANGED, eg stratum or the commons stuff.

HTH,
Chris

=====
http://www.soccer2002.org.uk - join in and win CA$H!