From Chris Kimpton <kimptoc_m...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Portlet.isCacheable?
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2002 17:18:17 GMT
Hi,

--- David Sean Taylor <david@bluesunrise.com> wrote:
> > I don't know how to do this in a way that we can catch and
> > save the output.  Any clues?

Sorry - I was talking about the JspPortlet - I don't see a way to
capture its output.

> Why do you need to do this, is Velocity merging too slowly?

No way!  Its my app code - the data does not change, but it takes a
while to generate - so it seemed easier to cache the content than to
try and tune it - especially when I am comparing tuning a DB/file
system access versus caching it all in memory - it has to be quicker
to cache it.

Regards,
Chris

=====