From Chris Kimpton <kimptoc_m...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Portlet.isCacheable?
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2002 18:59:30 GMT
Hi,

...and I want to actually cache several variations of content for a
given portlet.

That is, based on parameters coming in, the portlet may display one
or more variations.  Thus I want to have a map of these cached
variations, keyed on the parameters that come in - like the getHandle
stuff - only based on the current requests parameters.

Obviously this is only useful for non-user specific content - as I
don't plan to cache it per user (unless someone thinks that would be
useful) - and this could lead to some heavy memory usage...

Does this sound ok?

Regards,
Chris

=====