From Chris Kimpton <kimptoc_m...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: I propose to upgrade Turbine again - eez ok?
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2002 10:44:58 GMT
Hi,

--- Santiago Gala <sgala@hisitech.com> wrote:
> Chris Kimpton wrote:
>
> >Hi,

> anyone
> >>>

> >Just looked at the turbine-dev list and looks like they are trying
> >do a release - so I will hold off and try upgrading jetspeed after
> >the release/with the release later...
> >
> The problem is the patch about race conditions on service
> initialization. I will not be able to test it, so it will not go to
> the
> release.

I don't think this is the problem.

The problem seems to be related to using ${webappRoot} and accessing
files under /WEB-INF/.

Comparing what the CastorRegistryService does with the
JetspeedTemplateLocatorService, the latter uses
TurbineServlet.getRealPath to "fix" the file name.  Whereas the
former get does a new File() on the property found.

I have changed the Castor service to use this for the mapfile and
directory properties and things seem to be working ok...

Does this sound like something that has changed in turbine recently?

Chris

=====
http://wc2002.kimptoc.net - someone has got to win...