From "PAVLIK,GREGORY (HP-NewJersey,ex2)" <gregory_pav...@hp.com>
Subject RE: dynamic portlet titles
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2002 21:13:32 GMT
I think you are correct, that it's too late at this point. I was hoping to
see if I could change the ordering to effect this behavior.

I noticed that the RSS portlet sets the title in the init method and
presumes that the whole portlet needs to be "expired" to update it's
content.

-----Original Message-----
From: Glenn Golden [mailto:ggolden@umich.edu]
Sent: Friday, March 08, 2002 4:14 PM
To: 'Jetspeed Developers List'
Subject: RE: dynamic portlet titles

I'm not sure, but I think that even if you were to be able to change the
portlet's idea of its title in your portlet's getContent() or
buildNormalContext() code, by that time the title has already been used by
the control and is already generated into the HTML!

That *might* be going on, and that *might* be what you are seeing...

- Glenn

ggolden@umich.edu               734-615-1419
http://www-personal.si.umich.edu/~ggolden/