From "David Sean Taylor" <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject RE: Error rendering this .psml
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2002 08:13:29 GMT
Looks like you've found another place where we need to use ids.
It appears to me that there are 2 portlets with the same name but on
different tabs.

In the first tab, there is:

        <entry id="08"
parent="http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/channels/turbine.rss">

and the second tab has:

        <entry id="P-eccbbfecf5-10049"
parent="http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/channels/turbine.rss">

Same portlet, different portlet instance.
If I change either one of these to a different portlet, say

        <entry id="P-eccbbfecf5-10049" parent="JetspeedFramed">

It then works for me

-----Original Message-----
From: Glenn Golden [mailto:ggolden@umich.edu]
Sent: Sunday, March 24, 2002 9:18 PM
To: Jetspeed-Dev (jetspeed-dev@jakarta.apache.org)
Subject: Error rendering this .psml

In the latest version (even before my proposed patches!), the attached
.psml file does not display properly.  It was Tommy Turbine's
html/default.psml, and then I added another pane.  Now, the "home" pane
does not show the proper portlet in the upper left corner - it shows the
one from the second pane instead.  If I edit the portal to remove the
second pane, the first pane displays correctly again!

I'll start to take a look at this soon, but perhaps someone else has an
idea as to what's going on... and some confirmation that it's happening
elsewhere would help me!

Thanks.

- Glenn

ggolden@umich.edu               734-615-1419