From "David Sean Taylor" <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject RE: Using current Torque with Jetspeed - a few problems...
Date Sun, 31 Mar 2002 18:58:30 GMT
Chris,

> I solved (?) this by wrapping the Torque pool so that is
> looked like the Turbine Pool Service.  I had to mess around
> adding a couple of wrapper classes - for DB/DBConnection - as
> they are different types between Turbine and Torque.

This is an amazing amount of crap to go thru, and Im sorry Chris that
you got stuck with it.
I thought maybe this time upgrading the Turbine jar would be simple and
painless. Right.
Im really sick of this lack of planning and consideration for their user
base. Turbine-2 is a mess.
I vote that we work towards completely removing Torque/Peers from
Jetspeed permanently.
This will involve:

1) creating a new Jetspeed DB Service (Im working on that now - its
based on OJB an a thin layer)
	http://sourceforge.net/projects/objectbridge
2) rewriting the DB PSML to use this service
3) creating a new Security Model and dumping the old Turbine security
model

David