From "David Sean Taylor" <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject RE: bugs in v1.3a3
Date Sat, 30 Mar 2002 17:40:31 GMT
You can log all the bugs if you'd like.
Appreciate if you log the ones marked as 'bug' below.
For the others, could you please give me more concrete examples.
Im having trouble reproducing them (its probably me)

> 1) Clicking Update, Cancel and Save & Apply buttons in
> Customize portlet/pane pages returns to previous page visited
> (without regard for page view history)

Not sure if I understand or can reproduce that one.

> Problem: If you click customize portlet (any) then click the
> back browser button to go back to the home page (without
> clicking update or cancel) then choose to customize another
> portlet then click update or cancel, the desktop view returns
> to the previous "customize portlet" page instead of the home page.
>
> Proposal: Clicking any of these buttons should always return
> the page back to home (or 1st pane)
>
> 2) Default Permissions included in package don't work except
> for "view". The ones that don't work are "close", "detach",
> "maximize", "minimize", "customize" and "personalize". (Or
> maybe I just misunderstood how these permissions are suppose to work)

Bug
Ive noticed that too, thought it used to work

> 3) In the Customize pane screen, I have the following observations:
> - the "add Portlet" button is not clickable if the layout is
> menu pane or tab pane
> - menu pane, single column, tab pane, single row have "apply"
> and "cancel" buttons (btw, cancel works the same way as
> apply) while the rest have only the "save and apply" buttons.
> This is a bit inconsistent so I suggest using the "apply" and
> "cancel" buttons instead of "save and apply"
Bug

> 4) I created a new user and assign both the admin and user
> roles to it. Following are my observations:
> - The new admin user don't have the same default desktop look
> as the original admin user (I believe it takes the user role
> default desktop
> instead)
It copies the profile from whatever user is configured in the JR.p
setting:

services.Profiler.newuser.template=turbine

> - For the original admin acct, the user, permission, group
> and role portlets are invisible from the Security pane (if
> the layout is menu pane). However, they show up on the menu
> pane for the 2nd admin user.

Its not clear how they got there in the first place. Did you setup:

services.Profiler.newuser.template=admin

> 5) The "restore" button in the customize portlet screen
> doesn't work properly if the route I took is to maximize the
> portlet first and then customize it. The error that shows up is:
>
> This should not happen... You have maximized a portlet, but
> there is no portlet defined in the http session.

Bug, but I can only reproduce that with the StockPortfolio portlet.

> 6) Customize Pane sometimes shows the content of the portlet
> instead of the layout. Ex. login as admin, click customize
> Content pane and you'll see that the portlet shows up instead
> of the layout.

Bug

> 7) "Create Account" and logging in with invalid username or
> password returns a "horrible exception" error.

Can't reproduce that one.