From "David Sean Taylor" <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject RE: Jetspeed Proposal: iframe portlet control
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2002 17:30:05 GMT

Yes -- anywhere that portlet names are used to reference a portlet:
tabs, menus, all buttons (min/max), replace them with portlet ids.
I've started on tabs.
If you'd like to start working on the min/max buttons...

> > Portlet.getID()
> > PortletSet.getID()
> > Control.getID()
>
> Does that mean we have a Portlet.getControl().getId(), to get
> the id that would display the portlet with control?

Look in the current cvs at the org.apache.jetspeed.portal.Portlet
interface

    public String getID();

The PortletControl interface inherits from Portlet

> > See above (All controls and controllers and portlets should
> > be modified
> > to use the portlet id to reference.)
> > Still a lot of work on completely switching over to portlet ids.
> > For example, we need to be able to put two HelloVelocity
> > portlets on the
> > same page, and see them function correctly....
>
> Is Jetspeed officially using Velocity for "internals", such
> as screens, page layouts, controllers and controls?  Or do we
> need to support a JSP internal version of Jetspeed and a
> Velocity internal version.  I don't see why we need the jsp
> for internals if we have velocity. Jsp is still available for
> portlets.

Some people prefer not to use Velocity at all.
We try to keep all features maintained in JSP for the internals.
It does make extra work for us, and to be honest I don't keep the JSP
stuff up-to-date

David