From "David Sean Taylor" <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject RE: scaling
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2002 21:43:24 GMT

> Thanks for the quick reply.
>
> It sounds like a lot of the app needs to be
> multithreaded.

There is multithreading:
- The Tomcat pipeline (or whatever app server), get that for free.
- in the delivery of feeds, disk cache mgr

But not in the aggregation engine specifically per request

> Is there an overall plan to go in this direction?

I wouldn't say plan, more an understanding that we will address it
sometime.

> Does this project have a benevolent dictator?  I might

We had Kevin, the project founder and architect, but that was before my
time.
Now we are a small yet balanced democracy, which is nice.