From "David Sean Taylor" <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject RE: scaling
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2002 20:20:07 GMT
We've added PSML into the database, Im doing the same for registries
now.
Goal is clustering Jetspeed

The aggregation engine is good, I did some performance tuning on it
recently.
I'd like to take a few days sometime and try to tune the engine.
Areas of improvement:
-- payload is always dependent on the slowest portlet.
-- there is no timeout on a portlet to generate its content
-- all portlets content is aggregated on the same thread.
-- caching of portlet container elements

We have caching built into to most of the major features.
IMO the logging is excessive, we should do something like

If (loggingON)
	log("big long string constructor" + blah)

Instead of

Log(""big long string constructor" + blah)

Don't know how much that will improve speed, have to test it

Jetspeed logs the basic aggregation cycle to the log file
Look for things like:

[Fri Mar 22 11:08:40 PST 2002] -- DEBUG -- PortletFactory.getPortlet():
took a total of 0 millisecond(s) ->
-1653569551|template-hello|action-portlets.HelloAction|text-Hello World
in Velocity

For additional commands, e-mail: