From "David Sean Taylor" <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject RE: Jetspeed release schedule - ?
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2002 16:42:23 GMT
Well I disagree.
We are in the middle of adding some much needed features such as portlet
instance ids and proper state manager.
I will be making additional features to the registry and psml over the
next week.
We also have quite a few bugs in Bugzilla. All the bugs should be fixed
before the next release, esp. the problems with the customizer and
Tomcat 4.03/JDK 1.4.

Other refactoring work over the next week:
- PortletConfig
- PersistenceManager

Some missing features that should go in, off the top of my head:

- full support for non-default PSML pages
	- customize those pages - needs to be a list of customizable
PSML pages
	- admin should be able to customize anon page

- A Portlet StateManager based on PEIDs (there's an upcoming proposal on
this...)
	- Framework or guidelines for handling form post parameters with
portlets

Please feel free to add to this list...

I think we can do without a new security model for the next release. Its
just too much work and very hard to find agreement.

IMO  the next release should be beta, roughly in one month or so