From "David Sean Taylor" <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject RE: CustomizerVelocityPortlet broken
Date Fri, 29 Mar 2002 02:00:47 GMT
IMO - the wrapper isn't correctly implemented.
Java now has java.lang.reflect.Proxy to proxy interfaces.
>From the javadocs:

<quote>
A proxy instance has the following properties:

Given a proxy instance proxy and one of the interfaces implemented by
its proxy class Foo, the following expression will return true:
     proxy instanceof Foo
 and the following cast operation will succeed (rather than throwing a
ClassCastException):
     (Foo) proxy
</quote>

I haven't had a chance to review the wrapper code, Im deep in some
database shiite right now and won't have time for a few days.

Could you please figure out exactly what it does, and then either:

- rewrite it
- get rid of it

The approach you are taking, to search for all places where we use
'instanceof' will patch the problem now, that is until some one comes
along and codes 'instanceof' again...