From Jason van Zyl <jvan...@zenplex.com>
Subject Re: New Portlet API
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2002 20:50:52 GMT
On 1/22/02 3:24 PM, "Glenn Golden" <ggolden@umich.edu> wrote:

> I have just reviewed the two JCP proposals for the Portlet API:
>
> http://www.jcp.org/jsr/detail/162.jsp
>
> and
>
> http://www.jcp.org/jsr/detail/167.jsp.
>
> They are both marked as "withdrawn". Does anyone know what this means, and
> where things stand on standardization Portlets?

IBM and Sun have withdrawn their individual proposals and they have agreed
to work together on forming a new joint proposal. They hope to get the ball
rolling sometime next week.

I'll be representing apache on the portlet API, and David is also part of
the expert group so we'll try to keep you informed.

> Is the current Jetspeed Portlet API documented in a way like the one for 162
> in cvs:
>
> jakarta-jetspeed/proposals/portletAPI/PortletAPIDraft.pdf ?
>
> Even though a draft, it lays things out pretty clearly.
>
> Also, is there a similar document for the 167 proposal?
>
> Thanks.
>
> - Glenn

> Glenn R. Golden, Systems Research Programmer
> University of Michigan School of Information
> ggolden@umich.edu           734-615-1419
> http://www-personal.si.umich.edu/~ggolden/

jvz.

Jason van Zyl