From Glenn Golden <ggol...@umich.edu>
Subject FeedDaemon not a service?
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2002 14:08:39 GMT
As I was deciphering how the .ocs files are processed, and found the
org.apache.jetspeed.daemon.impl.FeedDaemon, and found it was a
jetspeed.Daemon, I was surprised to find that a Daemon is just a Runnable.

Why are these not turbine services? It would seem that anything that is
running as a singleton or running a thread, and possibly providing an api to
the rest of the system (services and portlets) would want to be a service.

Is this just historical (i.e. sure, it would be nice to have these services)
or am I missing something here?

Thanks!

- Glenn

ggolden@umich.edu           734-615-1419