From Glenn Golden <ggol...@umich.edu>
Subject /group/ and /role/ urls
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2002 19:21:29 GMT
I'm trying to figure out how URLs into Jetspeed work . I've come across urls
that work in this form:

/jetspeed/portal/user/turbine
/jetspeed/portal/group/Jetspeed
/jetspeed/portal/role/admin

These seem to get right to a portal page, such as the turbine user's portal
page, without the need to login! I see where the .psml files are for each of
these. When opening the portal page up this way, any menu, tab, or edit
controls have the wrong urls; they do not refer to the special url (i.e.
/portal/role/admin), but to the currently logged user.

What is the intention of these urls? Are the links encoded into these pages
incorrect? What about security?

Thanks.

- Glenn

ggolden@umich.edu           734-615-1419