From Paul Spencer <pau...@apache.org>
Subject Automated testing works using Cactus!
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2002 04:27:06 GMT
I have updated Cactus and ANT to the current released version.  This was
prompted by a request from Turbine to supply a JUnit test case for a
patch to Turbine's caching service.  As a result, I confirmed the test
modules/actions/TestJLoginUser works.

To setup your environment to support Cactus testing:
o Update the appropriate properties, based on the servlet engine
    that you use.
       tomcat.home.32  (I believe this can be used for Tomcat 3.3.x)
       tomcat.home.40

The command "build tests_tomcat_40", for tomcat 40 servlet engine, will
run the Cactus tests.  Make sure the web server on port 8080, as defined
in cactus.properties, is shutdown.  This is because Cactus will spawn a
webserver to execute the test.

Note 1: Build will EXCLUDE classes that begin with Test or test from the
war file.

Note 2:  I did NOT receive all of the commit emails :(  I have verified
the the CVS contains all of the commits.

***
* I am seeing the following error at server startup.
***
      [java] StandardManager[/test]: IOException while loading persisted
sessions: java.io.WriteAbortedException: Writing aborted by
exception;java.io.NotSerializableException:
org.apache.jetspeed.portal.service.JetspeedPersistenceService$Page
      [java] java.io.WriteAbortedException: Writing aborted by
exception; java.io.NotSerializableException:
org.apache.jetspeed.portal.service.JetspeedPersistenceService$Page

***
* I am seeing the following error while running a test.
***
     [junit] log4j:ERROR No appenders could be found for category
(org.apache.jetspeed.modules.actions.TestJLoginUser).
     [junit] log4j:ERROR Please initialize the log4j system properly.
      [java] log4j:ERROR No appenders could be found for category
(org.apache.jetspeed.modules.actions.TestJLoginUser).
      [java] log4j:ERROR Please initialize the log4j system properly.
***
* I am seeing the following error at server shutdown.
***
      [java] StandardManager[/test]: Cannot serialize session attribute
turbine.user for session 0215F8D0164112223485D9458841A723
      [java] java.io.NotSerializableException:
org.apache.jetspeed.portal.service.JetspeedPersistenceService$Page

***
* Resources for writing test:
***
   Cactus v1.2 http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus