From Paul Spencer <pau...@apache.org>
Subject Memory cache
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2002 20:55:13 GMT
Santiago,
I have been working on the memory cache.  The list below detail the
changes I intend on making as soon as the Turbine commits the patches
that I have submitted.

o The portlet can set, and change, the expiration time of it's cache
    entry.  The current behavior is the cache entry lives for 30 minutes.

o A TimeToLive is set on portlet's the cache entry, i.e. how long the
    portlet's cache entry can live with out being retrieved.  The current
    behavior has no refresh. Thus the portlet's cache entry is deleted
    when the cache expires.

o The portlet's refresh() will be called by the cache service when the
    the cache has expired and TimeToLive has not been exceeded.  The
    current behavior has no refresh

As an implementation of the above changes, the WebPagePortlet will
refresh it's content in refresh().

Are their other memory caching issues I should address?

Paul Spencer