From dang tuan <dangtuannv2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Communication between portlets
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2002 02:21:57 GMT
Paul,
I'd like to say it clearer. I have 2 portlets:
"parent" portlet for showing list of parent items and
"child" portlet for showing children items of that
parent selected item. When user clicks on an parent
item in parent portlet, its children will be showed in
"child" portlet.
Currently we use parameters in URL to communicate
between portlets but it causes a bad effect : the
whole page is refreshed and so do all portlets! I want
to refresh only 2 related portlets in this scenario.

In addition, I've read about new Jetspeed's proposal
that new Portlet API will be launched. It will support
inter-portlet communication fairly well but I don't
know when it will be available.

Any suggestion will be highly welcomed!
DangTuan