From "Niek Bunskoek" <nbunsk...@sogyo.nl>
Subject RE: Caching of external resources results in empty portlets
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2002 16:15:34 GMT
Paul,

I've restarted the server almost 1,5 hour ago and it's still working
(for know), thus. So that's not the problem.

Niek Bunskoek

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Spencer [mailto:paulsp@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2002 3:43 PM
To: Jetspeed Developers List
Subject: Re: Caching of external resources results in empty portlets

Nick,
Is "a while" = 30 Minutes?  By default turbine set the cache lifetime =
30 minutes (1800000 millis) with the parameter cachedobject.defaultage.

If the answer is yes to the above question, try setting the parameter
cachedobject.defaultage in TurbineResources.properties to minimize the
problem.

I am working on the caching in 1.3a3-dev.

Paul Spencer

Niek Bunskoek wrote:

> Paul,
>
> This happens to ALL external resources (Slashdot, XML.com,
> Webreference.com, etc... So that's not the problem...
>
> When I restart the server, everything works OK (even the 'external'
> portlets). After a while I get empty portlets... Again I think (or
know)
> it is the caching mechanism...
>
> Thanks for you reaction Paul...
>
> Niek Bunskoek

org.apache.jetspeed.cache.disk.JetspeedDiskCacheEntry.getReader(Jetspeed

>>DiskCacheEntry.java:346)
>>	at

org.apache.jetspeed.cache.disk.JetspeedDiskCacheEntry.getData(JetspeedDi

>>skCacheEntry.java:246)
>>	at

org.apache.jetspeed.portal.portlets.NewRSSPortlet.init(NewRSSPortlet.jav

>>a:140)
>>	at

org.apache.jetspeed.portal.factory.PortletFactory.getPortlet(PortletFact

>>ory.java:434)
>>	at

org.apache.jetspeed.portal.factory.PortletFactory.getPortlet(PortletFact

>>ory.java:124)
>>	at

org.apache.jetspeed.portal.factory.PortletSetFactory.getPortletSet(Portl

>>etSetFactory.java:373)
>>	at

org.apache.jetspeed.portal.factory.PortletSetFactory.getPortletSet(Portl

>>etSetFactory.java:339)
>>	at

org.apache.jetspeed.portal.factory.PortletSetFactory.getPortletSet(Portl

>>etSetFactory.java:339)
>>	at

org.apache.jetspeed.portal.factory.PortletSetFactory.getPortletSet(Portl

>>etSetFactory.java:339)
>>	at

org.apache.jetspeed.portal.factory.PortletSetFactory.getPortletSet(Portl

>>etSetFactory.java:339)
>>	at

org.apache.jetspeed.portal.factory.PortletSetFactory.getPortletSet(Portl

>>etSetFactory.java:339)
>>	at

org.apache.jetspeed.portal.factory.PortletSetFactory.getPortletSet(Portl

>>etSetFactory.java:339)
>>	at

org.apache.jetspeed.portal.factory.PortletSetFactory.getPortletSet(Portl

>>etSetFactory.java:299)
>>	at

org.apache.jetspeed.portal.factory.PortletSetFactory.getPortletSet(Portl

>>etSetFactory.java:272)
>>	at
>>org.apache.jetspeed.modules.screens.Home.getPSMLContent(Home.java:178)
>>	at
>>org.apache.jetspeed.modules.screens.Home.doBuild(Home.java:136)
>>	at org.apache.turbine.modules.Screen.build(Screen.java:100)
>>	at
>>org.apache.turbine.modules.ScreenLoader.eval(ScreenLoader.java:125)
>>	at

org.apache.jetspeed.modules.layouts.JetspeedJspLayout.doBuild(JetspeedJs

>>pLayout.java:103)
>>	at org.apache.turbine.modules.Layout.build(Layout.java:93)
>>	at
>>org.apache.turbine.modules.LayoutLoader.exec(LayoutLoader.java:122)
>>	at

org.apache.turbine.modules.pages.DefaultPage.doBuild(DefaultPage.java:17

>>0)
>>	at org.apache.turbine.modules.Page.build(Page.java:92)
>>	at
>>org.apache.turbine.modules.PageLoader.exec(PageLoader.java:122)
>>	at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.doGet(Turbine.java:364)
>>	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java)
>>	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java)
>>	at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatc

>>her.java)
>>	at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDisp

>>atcher.java)
>>	at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispat

>>cher.java)
>>	at

org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.forward(PageContextImpl.java)

>>	at
>>org.apache.jsp.sogyoindex$jsp._jspService(sogyoindex$jsp.java:57)
>>	at
>>org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java)
>>	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java)
>>	at

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServle

>>t.java)
>>	at
>>org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java)
>>	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java)
>>	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java)
>>	at

>>tionFilterChain.java)
>>	at

>>erChain.java)
>>	at

>>e.java)
>>	at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja

>>va)
>>	at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java)

>>	at
>>org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java)
>>	at

>>e.java)
>>	at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja

>>va)
>>	at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java)

>>	at
>>org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java)
>>	at
>>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java)
>>	at

>>)
>>	at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja

>>va)
>>	at

org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherVa

>>lve.java)
>>	at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja

>>va)
>>	at

>>)
>>	at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja

>>va)
>>	at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java)

>>	at
>>org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java)
>>	at

>>java)
>>	at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja

>>va)
>>	at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java)

>>	at
>>org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java)
>>	at

org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpRequestHandler.handle(WarpRequest

>>Handler.java)
>>	at

org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnection.run(WarpConnection.jav