From "David Sean Taylor" <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject RE: Group / Role Portals
Date Sat, 26 Jan 2002 18:08:20 GMT
> Don't put permission checks in the implementation code.
>
> The idea I'm implementing is to have wrapper classes which
> take care of
> the security checks and isolate internal classes from the
> "portletAPI"
> visible classes. This could even allow for unplugging completely the
> security checks, by just having different wrappers or no
> wrapper at all.

+ 1 Declarative security + interceptors.

> For the moment, I have committed wrappers for portlets. I'm in the
> process of removing security checks related with portlets and
> controls/controllers (no longer needed) and wrapping the
> portlets in the
> PortletFactory. The code results much cleaner, and we have a
> small set
> of classes where all the semantics of the security is contained.
>
> I'm still working in PortletSet wrappers, which will take care of the
> PSML security checks (after all, a PSML document is a big portletset.
> This is still not cristal clear to me, but everything looks promising.
>
> Still missing the changes in PSML/registry formats for new security
> constraints

Why not put the <security role="user"/> tag as a child element of the
<portlets> tag:

<portlets xmlns="http://www.apache.org/2000/02/CVS">
	<security role="user"/>

> >- correctly rewrite the links to include these parameters
> >
> This is an important thing to be done. Please, concentrate here. It
> would be nice if default values are not added to the URL. For
> instance:
>
> /group/global --> not added
> /role/user --> ? I don not see roles completely yet
> /user/<currentUser> --> not added
>

> >- add jlink methods to build these links from .vm
> >
> Ditto. It would be great if all URL generating code is put
> together in
> the same class. grep is wonderful for this ;)
>

> >>Need any help?
> >>
> >sure
> >
> I think a IRC meeting would be great, to coordinate this
> efforts. Give
> me a touch and we can try to make it ASAP.

When are you available?
What about Irc.whichever.com:6667 #jetspeed

> The profile returned by the fallback algorithm should be the
> repository
> of all this information. I.E. the customizer should only work
> with it,

Yes, that is a problem right now - we cant even customize the anon page.

> Rule: all PSML related calls in the request path *must* get
> the document
> through data.getProfile(), so all are working on the current one.

+1