From "Niek Bunskoek" <nbunsk...@sogyo.nl>
Subject RE: Caching of external resources results in empty portlets
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2002 09:19:41 GMT
Hello Santiago,

Is there a way to change/fix the value of 'the default entry
expiration'? If so, how can I do that? Can you tell me exactly what to
do?

This is very important for me. When this problem has been solved I can
continue using Jetspeed 1.3a1...

Many thanks...

Niek Bunskoek

-----Original Message-----
From: Santiago Gala [mailto:sgala@hisitech.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2002 3:26 PM
To: Jetspeed Developers List
Subject: Re: Caching of external resources results in empty portlets

Niek Bunskoek wrote:

>Paul,
>
>I've restarted the server almost 1,5 hour ago and it's still working
>(for know), thus. So that's not the problem.

I have seen similar problems sporadically. It looks like the failure
mechanism of the cache is a little bit broken. I say a little bit
because when you restart it typically gets well again. I think the
default entry expiration went down recently, which can cause this kind
of problems it a resource gets a timeout.