From "David Sean Taylor" <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: Group / Role Portals
Date Sat, 26 Jan 2002 06:06:10 GMT
> "There currently isn't support roles or groups. This will be added in the
> next release with the new profiler service."
>
> Who is working on this? What will be supported? When will it be available?
> Need any help?

I just started revistiing this feature recently.
In order for it to complete it, we need to:
- make persmission checks before granting access to these pages
  (there currently is no way to declare security access to a psml page.
   this would be useful for administrative users to customize users psml,
and the anon account)
- correctly rewrite the links to include these parameters
- add jlink methods to build these links from .vm

> Need any help?
sure

> Will this address portals for roles and groups, rather than just portals
for
> individual users?

Im working on an algorithm in the profiler so that when a user
doesn't have a requested psml resource, it will fallback and look under any
role-resources that the user may have of the same name.
Although this may be useful, it may cause issues for portlets that persist
parameters in the psml file.