From "David Sean Taylor" <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-jetspeed/src/java/org/apache/jetspeed/services/portaltoolkit JetspeedPortalToolkitService.java
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2001 06:10:11 GMT
> On my build, the templates show up correctly but the actions need to be
> adapted not to use the PATH_PANEL_KEY constant but rely on
> PanedPortletController.getParameterName() or simply use directly
> a PortletTemplateLink object instead of DynamicURI.

Thanks, without any modification on my part, it works fairly well except for
a few situations, basically whenever I need to redirect to another pane.
Like on error validation. In that case we need to get the correct panel key,
which involves getting the portlet.

In a VelocityPortletAction, I don't see how to get the portlet associated
with the portlet action.
If you look at VelocityPortlet, it put the portlet and even the jlink into
the context:

    public ConcreteElement getContent( RunData rundata )
    {
        System.out.println("in getContent for velcoity portlet");
        // create a blank context and with all the global application
        // Pull Tools inside
        Context context = TurbineVelocity.getContext();
        context.put( "data", rundata );
        context.put( "portlet", this );
        // Put the request and session based contexts
        TurbinePull.populateContext(context, rundata);

        context.put( "jlink", new PortletTemplateLink(rundata,this) );

(aside: this is making me wonder, what happens if there are 2
VelocityPortlets on a psml page)

Then looking at the stack trace going into the insert action for a user:

        at
org.apache.jetspeed.modules.actions.portlets.security.UserUpdateAction.doIns
ert(UserUpdateAction.java:200)
        at
org.apache.turbine.util.velocity.VelocityActionEvent.executeEvents(VelocityA
ctionEvent.java:166)
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.modules.actions.portlets.VelocityPortletAction.perform(V
elocityPortletAction.java:116)
        at
org.apache.turbine.modules.ActionLoader.exec(ActionLoader.java:122)
        at
org.apache.turbine.modules.pages.DefaultPage.doBuild(DefaultPage.java:143)
        at org.apache.turbine.modules.Page.build(Page.java:90)
        at org.apache.turbine.modules.PageLoader.exec(PageLoader.java:123)
        at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.doGet(Turbine.java:447)
        at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.doPost(Turbine.java:537)

As you can see, the portlet's getContent is never called on an action, so
the portlet (or jlink) never gets set.
How do you know which portlet is associated with a portlet action?