From Atul Dambalkar <adamb...@cisco.com>
Subject RE: Using peer classes for DatabasePsmlManagerService Implementation
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2001 17:32:48 GMT
Hi David,

At 10:57 PM 8/29/01 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi Atul,
>
>Look at Torque. It will generate a lot of the code that you need.

I am thinking about concentrating on defining such a schema that will get
easily mapped on to all databases, no SEQUENCE or any proprietary database
specific stuff, and follow Turbine by defining a separate ID_TABLE to store
the primary keys for rest of the tables. Then query ID_TABLE at start-up.
That way I will only have to use Village API. I am working on the Schema
tweaking a bit. What do you think on this approach? I am trying to get
information from people who have better database knowledge than me.

>Hope you had a good vacation :)

Yep. It was fun. But, as always it was a bit exhausting in India.

Thanks,

-Atul