From Raphaƫl Luta <raphael.l...@networks.groupvu.com>
Subject Re: accessing RunData from JSP portlet
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2001 08:07:33 GMT
Dave Carlson wrote:

> After a bit more investigation, I verified that no turbine or jetspeed
> objects are passed to the JSP portlet via the servlet Request.  I can
> retrieve the User, AccessControlList, and CapabilityMap from the
> session, but there does not seem to be a way to access RunData for
> this request.
>
> Where in the up-stream processing should this be added, presumably as
> a request attribute?

I've not checked the JspPortlet code, but if this code uses the Turbine
JspService, JspService sets the Rundata as one of its attribute. If it
doesn't use JspService, JspPortlet needs to manually set RunData as attribute
as well as any other required context.
This can be achieved pretty easily by modifying JspPortlet and mirroring
what VelocityPortlet does.

Patches welcome :)

Vivendi Universal Networks - Paris