From Raphaƫl Luta <raphael.l...@networks.groupvu.com>
Subject Re: How to use and maintain a common tab in tabbed pane?
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2001 12:13:18 GMT
Paul Spencer wrote:

> I have several users that will share a pane in a tabbed pan.  Is their a
> way to configure and maintain this common pane in 1 place?
>
> Example:
>   I have a pane contains may portlets that display company news and
>   other common information.  This pane should be on all users portal.

It's not possible to do this at an applicative level with the current PSML
implementation.
I had a proposal for a modified PSML system that would enable this knid of
behavior but implementation is not even started and I never got any feedback
on the proposed scheme.

Note however that you can use the persistence layer features to partailly
iomplement this functionality.
Using the default XML over filesystem implementation, you can try and use
external entities to include common PSML fragments. This should be handled
by the XML parser and thus transparent to the Jetspeed portal...

Vivendi Universal Networks - Paris