From Paul Spencer <p...@mikon.com>
Subject Re: CVS snapshots
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2001 13:01:18 GMT
Stan,
Stan Pinte wrote:

> At 14:09 02/08/2001 -0400, you wrote:
> >The one of the nightly builds should include:
> >   jakarta-jetspeed-1.3a2-bin.zip  (for windows Java Runtime user)
> >   jakarta-jetspeed-1.3a2-bin.tar.gz  (for unix Java Runtime user)
> >   jakarta-jetspeed-1.3a2-src.zip  (for windows Java Development user)
> >   jakarta-jetspeed-1.3a2-src.tar.gz  (for unix Java Development user)
>
> Paul,
>
> from the first time, all my builds from source have succeeded at the firt
> try on windows 2000...
>
> Am I an exception?

You many be ;)  Factors like the release and type, JRE vs JDK, of Java
is installed, existence of a firewall,  Other software installed,... can
make downloading and building Jetspeed from the CVS a very frustrating
experience.   Of course people many are able to build Jetspeed from the
CVS, but they do not post that fact to the mailing list.  In some cases,
build problems are enough to prevent people/companies from using
Jetspeed.  I believe binary nightly builds will minimize the frustration
factor and give Jetspeed a better change for acceptance.

Paul Spencer