From Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>
Subject Re: can't find layouts/default.vm under Linux
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2001 09:01:24 GMT
David Sean Taylor wrote:

>Dave,
>
>My Linux machine is not here this week. I won't have it back til mid/late
>next week.
>Can anyone else with Linux try to reproduce this ?

I'm not getting this problem. Nevertheless, I think it is due to some
problem with the DB schema or content, that causes an Exception early in
the JetspeedTool population or JetspeedRundata processing.

This exception seems to happen when an uncaught exception is thrown
early in the request handling process, so that a Capability Map is not
yet present, or it has no proper MIME type set in the rundata, or
something similar. This is the reason why the fallback algorithm tries
to fetch layouts/default.vm, instead of layouts/html/default.vm.

We should either provide a layout/default.vm and screens/Error.vm (the
system is trying to report an error), or else to be very careful that,
even if an error is thrown while filling JetspeedTool or
JetspeedRundata, the proper initialization is done, at least of the
Request MIME type, and it is available for the handling of psml and
templates.

dave, could you look in the log to any previous exception? It could be
related with the blob that contains the session persistent data.