From "Dave Carlson" <dcarl...@ontogenics.com>
Subject can't find layouts/default.vm under Linux
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2001 18:38:30 GMT
Using the current CVS, I now have most aspects running under Linux and tomcat
(I've been through the issue of removing /WEB-INF at root).  However I still
get occasional errors where layouts are not found.

When I log in as 'admin', all portlets work fine EXCEPT for the Security tab,
which throws the following exception.  This identical war build works fine
under windows.  I still have not fully digested the flow of control for
layouts and templating in Jetspeed, so it's difficult to track this down.

Horrible Exception: org.apache.velocity.exception.ResourceNotFoundException:
Unable to find resource 'layouts/default.vm'
 at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.ResourceManager.getResource(ResourceManag
er.java)
 at org.apache.velocity.runtime.Runtime.getTemplate(Runtime.java)
 at org.apache.velocity.app.Velocity.mergeTemplate(Velocity.java)
 at org.apache.velocity.app.Velocity.mergeTemplate(Velocity.java)
rethrown as org.apache.turbine.util.TurbineException: Error rendering Velocity
template: layouts/default.vm: Unable to find resource 'layouts/default.vm'
 at
org.apache.turbine.services.velocity.TurbineVelocityService.renderingError(Tur
bineVelocityService.java:392)
 at
org.apache.turbine.services.velocity.TurbineVelocityService.decodeRequest(Turb
ineVelocityService.java:356)
rethrown as org.apache.turbine.util.TurbineException: Error rendering Velocity
template: layouts/default.vm: Error rendering Velocity template:
layouts/default.vm: Unable to find resource 'layouts/default.vm'
 at
org.apache.turbine.services.velocity.TurbineVelocityService.renderingError(Tur
bineVelocityService.java:392)
 at
org.apache.turbine.services.velocity.TurbineVelocityService.handleRequest(Turb
ineVelocityService.java:252)
 at
org.apache.turbine.services.velocity.TurbineVelocity.handleRequest(TurbineVelo
city.java:109)
 at
org.apache.turbine.modules.layouts.VelocityOnlyLayout.doBuild(VelocityOnlyLayo
ut.java:120)
 at org.apache.turbine.modules.Layout.build(Layout.java:91)

Cheers,
  Dave Carlson