From "Dave Carlson" <dcarl...@ontogenics.com>
Subject Re: can't find layouts/default.vm under Linux
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2001 16:14:53 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Santiago Gala" <sgala@hisitech.com>

> I'm not getting this problem. Nevertheless, I think it is due to some
> problem with the DB schema or content, that causes an Exception early in
> the JetspeedTool population or JetspeedRundata processing.
>
> This exception seems to happen when an uncaught exception is thrown
> early in the request handling process, so that a Capability Map is not
> yet present, or it has no proper MIME type set in the rundata, or
> something similar. This is the reason why the fallback algorithm tries
> to fetch layouts/default.vm, instead of layouts/html/default.vm.

Santiago, it appears that your intution was correct!  I did not get the
layouts/default.vm error yesterday morning, apparently because I had reloaded
the database and all OBJECTDATA fields were null.  However, as soon as I went
through a login/logout cycle and User OBJECTDATA was populated, then I get the
following error.  It originates in this function from DBUserManager:
    public User[] retrieve( Criteria criteria )

This is strange, because other queries to the User work fine and the
OBJECTDATA is correctly parsed and loaded into a User object.  (See my next
posting for more information on this test.)  Maybe someone with more Turbine
knowledge can sort this out...  In any case, it seems that this eror is
cascading to the missing layouts error.

Cheers,
  Dave Carlson

[Fri Aug 03 09:23:38 MDT 2001] -- DEBUG -- SELECT TURBINE_USER.USER_ID,
TURBINE_USER.LOGIN_NAME, TURBINE_USER.PASSWORD_VALUE, TURBINE_USER.FIRST_NAME,
TURBINE_USER.LAST_NAME, TURBINE_USER.EMAIL, TURBINE_USER.CONFIRM_VALUE,
TURBINE_USER.MODIFIED, TURBINE_USER.CREATED, TURBINE_USER.LAST_LOGIN,
TURBINE_USER.OBJECTDATA FROM TURBINE_USER
[Fri Aug 03 09:23:38 MDT 2001] -- ERROR --
 Exception:  org.apache.turbine.util.security.DataBackendException: Failed to
retrieve users: FastPath call returned ERROR:  lo_tell: invalid large object
descriptor (0)

 Stack Trace follows:
 java.sql.SQLException: FastPath call returned ERROR:  lo_tell: invalid large
object descriptor (0)
 at com.workingdogs.village.DataSet.fetchRecords(DataSet.java:549)
 at com.workingdogs.village.DataSet.fetchRecords(DataSet.java:467)
 at com.workingdogs.village.DataSet.fetchRecords(DataSet.java:452)
 at org.apache.turbine.om.peer.BasePeer.getSelectResults(BasePeer.java:1376)
 at org.apache.turbine.om.peer.BasePeer.executeQuery(BasePeer.java:1289)
 at org.apache.turbine.om.peer.BasePeer.executeQuery(BasePeer.java:1251)
 at org.apache.turbine.om.peer.BasePeer.executeQuery(BasePeer.java:1202)
 at org.apache.turbine.om.peer.BasePeer.doSelect(BasePeer.java:1131)
 at
org.apache.turbine.om.security.peer.TurbineUserPeer.doSelect(TurbineUserPeer.j
ava:369)
 at
org.apache.turbine.om.security.peer.TurbineUserPeer.doSelect(TurbineUserPeer.j
ava:332)
 at
org.apache.turbine.services.security.db.DBUserManager.retrieve(DBUserManager.j
ava:217)
rethrown as org.apache.turbine.util.security.DataBackendException: Failed to
retrieve users: FastPath call returned ERROR:  lo_tell: invalid large object
descriptor (0)
 at
org.apache.turbine.services.security.db.DBUserManager.retrieve(DBUserManager.j
ava:221)
 at
org.apache.turbine.services.security.BaseSecurityService.getUsers(BaseSecurity
Service.java:349)
 at
org.apache.turbine.services.security.TurbineSecurity.getUsers(TurbineSecurity.
java:233)
 at
org.apache.jetspeed.modules.actions.portlets.security.UserBrowserAction.buildN
ormalContext(UserBrowserAction.java:135)
 at
org.apache.jetspeed.modules.actions.portlets.VelocityPortletAction.doPerform(V
elocityPortletAction.java:183)