From "David Sean Taylor" <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject RE: Change to PSMLManagerService interface
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2001 22:53:28 GMT
> Would you consider committing a change to the interface and
> its various
> implementations to allow for this increased level of security?

The ProfileLocator already has a user object, but it isn't required that its
filled valid.
Sometimes you are working with groups or roles, so when you say a user, do
you mean an admin-type user, or just the current user?

There aren't a lot of methods left after we complete the deprecation:

    public PSMLDocument getDocument( ProfileLocator locator );
    public boolean saveDocument(PSMLDocument doc);
    public PSMLDocument createDocument( ProfileLocator locator );
    public Iterator list( ProfileLocator locator );

It would be easy to add a single parameter to all methods - perhaps RunData
would be more useful although it ties the methods to rundata requests.

Do you plan on integrating it with Turbine Security?
There has been a lot of talk on the mailing list, but I don't think the
Turbine folks ever got around to actually implementing a Turbine LDAP
Security Service.

I would think that if you are going to store PSML in LDAP, then you would
want to also store the user info there.