From Norman Schöneich <schoene...@ecooperate.de>
Subject AW: Portlet Parameters ???
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2001 15:00:30 GMT
Thanks Raphaël !

What's about the new release ? Is there any release date planned for ?
One question. Does the new release of the portlet API handles persistence to
RDBMS
rather than to filesystem. What's about Castor JDO, Jetspeed uses Castor XML
anyway.
I'm able to personalize portlets with the new version ?

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Raphaël Luta [mailto:raphael.luta@networks.groupvu.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 11. Juni 2001 16:54
An: jetspeed-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Portlet Parameters ???

Norman Schöneich wrote:

> Any idea, how i can get the portlet-specific parameters from a users
> PSML-file ?
>
> I tried to change the CustomizePortlet, where all PortletEntries are
> retrieved by the
> method getUsersPortlets( data, usersHTMLPortlets, MimeType.HTML ) ;
> like:
>
>   Entry entry = ( Entry )usersHTMLPortlets.elementAt( i );
>   org.apache.jetspeed.om.registry.peer.Parameter[] parameters =
> pEntry.getParameter();
>   for ( int p=0; p<parameters.length; p++ ) {
>     Log.note( "CustomizePortlet: parameter: Name:" +
> parameters[p].getName( ) );
>     Log.note( "CustomizePortlet: parameter: Type:" +
> parameters[p].getType( ) );
>     Log.note( "CustomizePortlet: parameter: Value:" +
> parameters[p].getValue( ) );
>   }
>
> I only get the portlet-specific parameters from the
> jetspeed-config.jcfg-file, not from the users psml-file.
>
> What's wrong ?
>
> I use Jetspeed 1.3a1. Maybe it's not supported in this version, or ?

I strongly suggest you to try the latest CVS if you want to experiment
with customization. You have a lot more tools to implement the portlet
customization (and a default portlet parameters customizer).

There's still some work to do with the customizer called by the Customize

link, but we'll tackle this before release.

Vivendi Universal Networks - Paris